Update 3.1.3 stopped safari from working properly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Maddog911, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Maddog911 macrumors newbie

Maddog911

So i finally decided to pay the 5 bucks and update my ipod. Before the update my wifi worked perfectly without any problems at all. After i dowloaded the update, everything that required an internet connection stopped working. Now i get the "cannot open page: server stopped responding." I've tried resetting my network settings, manually entering my network settings and resetting my ipod. Nothing seems to work. However from time to time, safari will work for about one address page then i get the message when trying to go to another page. I also have no problem opening google but searching takes forever. I currently have a WEP security password set up. Idk if thats the problem or not. Can anyone help me out?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Before anything in-depth I would suggest power cycling your router or checking for updated firmware for it (the router, not your iPod of course).

3. Maddog911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maddog911

I've already tried power cycling the router. Nothing changed. As far as a firmware update i'll have to check on that. Any other suggestions?