Update about i5/i7 in Macbook Pro's??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coreflight, Feb 2, 2010.

1. coreflight macrumors newbie

Hey hey,

I want to buy a MB Pro 15''. The one i have in mind is the 2,8 ghz version with 9600m gt graphics.

What i want to know is, should i wait for the i5/i7 processors, or should i buy it know?

Does any of you have a release date on the i5/i7 if they will be available in Macbook Pro's..?

Looking forward to some help. :)

/C

2. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

I find it hard to believe these aren't joke posts made by second accounts....

3. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm new in here and I haven't search the forums yet so its not some kind of a joke.. :)

Could you help me with links to the other forums where the info is posted then??

4. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

sure, check about every other thread here

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Original Poster

In the future if you search before posting using mroogle most of your questions will be answered.

6. mesq macrumors member

You don't even need to use the search engine there are already a crap load of threads on this page. Seriously why should anybody help answer your question when you can't even be bothered reading this forum?

7. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thx.. :)

8. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

ROFLMAO!
    1) Seriously, search before posting. This has been done to death. There are over 6000 posts solely in the unofficial waiting for arrandale thread. Check it out.
    2) Of course the next update is going to be better than the present offerings. But why do you expect anyone else to know if it will be worthwhile for you to wait? Especially as nobody here (at least who is allowed to post) knows what the update is going to contain, or even when it will be.

So, as always the response is the same as always. If you can wait, wait. If not, there's no discussion.

9. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

Why do you even reply if you don't what to help.. Thats useless so dont be the angry one.. :p

10. sml12 macrumors newbie

Geeez .. you dont even have to search.

Just read the second or third thread!?

This guy is weird. WTF.

11. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

moki.. gracias..

12. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Since that model is a more expansive one I absolutely suggest you to wait, people say I'll be released today, the 9th, the 23rd most possible... Just wait some days

13. phrint macrumors 6502

I will tell you to buy now. In fact, anyone who wants to know if they should wait needs to buy the current MBP now. Maybe that will stop wasting pages of threads :)

14. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol, good point.. :) sorry for the trouble.. :p

15. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i'll try that.. :)

16. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

you dont even have to search....half of the first 10 posts on this forum discuss this topic

17. quadG5guy macrumors member

Buy now. Right now. Do not even wait till tomorrow. Get there before 3 pm for the best prices.

18. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

,,l,, :p

19. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

While I completely agree that this of all topics isn't one that a new thread should be created for... relax people! Perhaps the OP simply didn't know what Arrandale even meant. He's obviously new and simple guidance via a link followed by a locking of the thread by a moderator would've been sufficient.

To the OP... Nobody knows for certain when the MBP update will happen, but it should be soon. It would be unwise to purchase a MBP now if you can help it.

20. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Come on people, be nice, we were all newbies at one time or another.

Coreflight: Updates to the MacBook Pro range are believed to be imminent. They could be just a week or two away so it's best to wait. :)

21. m85476585 macrumors 65816

It won't. When the new ones come out, there will be threads like "Should I exchange my MBP" and "Can I return my MBP" and "Will Apple give me a new MBP for free because I just bought an old one".

22. coreflight thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll wait and see then.. :)

23. KarmaRocket macrumors member

KarmaRocket

If you can wait, then wait.

Updates will most likely occur. When? Anyone's guess. A week to 6 months?

If you need to buy one now, then buy one now. If you can be patient (and you need to be patient with Apple) then wait it out.

Don't get bedazzled by all the specs being thrown around here. In most cases Apple under delivers. Especially when it comes to fantasy user specs.

So expect at least a mild update with at least i5 processors. Same form factor etc. The less you expect the less you will be disappointed.