Update All gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djfrugal1, Aug 23, 2008.

1. djfrugal1 macrumors newbie

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the Updates section of the App store on the IPhone, when you had multiple updates, there used to be an "Update All" button. Now its gone.... or am I missing something? Now I have to go one by one when I have like 6 app updates and let it go to homescreen and go back to the App Store again......blah :mad:

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It's still there. I just updated 5 apps this way.

3. djfrugal1 thread starter macrumors newbie

???

You have the latest software update? I just had to do 5 apps one by one.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, I have the latest iTunes.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I think he means the latest iPHONE software update
    your version of iTunes doesn't matter

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes of course, running 2.0.2 on both white phones.

7. djfrugal1 thread starter macrumors newbie

3g

3G IPhone? Mine is not 3G. I wonder if they removed it off Edge only Iphone for some reason?

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Actually I am wrong. I was thinking you were talking about inside of iTunes. On my two 3G phones, the update all is gone as well. Might ust be easier to update all now using iTunes.

They may have removed it from the phone because it takes way too much time to update/install.

9. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It is gone on my 1st gen. iPhone.

10. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

On my iPhone Classic...It's Gone
    On iTunes, its still there and is the best way to update until they fix 2.0.? with 2.1 (lord I pray!!!)

11. djfrugal1 thread starter macrumors newbie

question

Question: If you delete an app on your IPhone, should it take it off of your ITunes?

It hasnt been on mine so apps I delete on the Iphone end up back on unless I delete them off ITunes as well...

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It will stay in iTunes till you remove it from iTunes.

13. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

...and it will put them back on your iPhone unless you uncheck them in your Applications Tab for your Sync.

Why delete from the iPhone when all you have to do is uncheck them from your Applications tab, then sync. This way they "Uninstall" instead of just being "Ripped" from the iPhone.

14. trednie macrumors newbie

I have been using the iphone to update my applications as iTunes seems to mess it up, telling me I have updates and not letting me get them or which programs need updated.

Having to install each update one by one is not only time consuming, it opens up a new problem for me. I have two itunes accounts, and if I click on an app to update it by itself, if it was with the secondary itunes account I can't update. Update all allowed me to enter in the name and password for the secondary account when I was upgrading/updating all.

I've had a lot of bad luck installing apps from iTunes only to find my media gone, and my apps non functional, which leads to a lengthy delete then reinstall process, or a complete restore. What happened to it Just works?:mad: