Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Since the latest update, I have been having a lot of trouble with home sharing. It will drop out after 5 minutes of use. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on fixing this.

Deltasan

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
Same here

Since the latest update, I have been having a lot of trouble with home sharing. It will drop out after 5 minutes of use. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on fixing this.

Same problem here. Drops out after a few minutes. Home sharing drops out on all my devices. Works again after I switch it off/on in itunes, but keeps dropping out again and again..

Wavell

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
Essex, UK

I haven't had any problems - it's been stable since I hardwired it. Apple have never really fixed the wi-fi drop out issues since they first released it - I got tired of waiting for them to fix it :(

[all of the above is assuming you're using it with Wi-Fi.. ]

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I had the same problem after my wife update the firmware (I had already told her not to because she would not like the new interface). Rebooting the router (AEBS) fixed the issue for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.