Update beta bootcamp drivers to 3.0 on MPB SR 2007, XP 32

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A.W.E.S.O.M.-0, Jan 20, 2010.

1. A.W.E.S.O.M.-0 macrumors member

First of all, greetings to all participants on this brilliant forum!

Macrumors has helped me out many times, I had all possible problems with my MBP SR (new battery, new screen, new logic board (8600m)), thankfully thanks to the brilliant service of the Apple store in Groningen, The Netherlands, everything has been replaced free of charge (without Apple Care, I must add).

But now that everythings is working again, I'm planning on upgrading my HD and buying Snow Leopard as well as Windows 7, but I'm holding off untill the release of the offical bootcamp drivers.

Untill then I wonder if I can upgrade my current bootcamp drivers. I'm still running Tiger OS and the beta bootcamp on wich I installed XP, SP3. I can imagine that my drivers are hopelessly outdated, with the exception of Nvidia drivers.

My Question: Can I just upgrade my currect XP drivers to bootcamp 3.0? If so, what is the correct procedure for it? I can't find any conclusive information on that through forums and google.

Thanks in advance!

2. DivineEvil macrumors regular

Yes you can... The bootcamp drivers in windows don't have anything to do with bootcamp utility in Mac OS X...

You can download the Bootcamp 3.0 driver from tpb... they work flawlessly.

3. A.W.E.S.O.M.-0 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks DE, It works like a charm!