Update broke my Week 38!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stang68, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Hey guys and gals,

I have a week 38 touch and it was working fine, looking great (the video was perfect), up until Apple released the update to "fix the screen issue". Now, i notice that the blacks are a little weird looking. They are fuzzy sometimes and have a negative look! Is it possible the update screwed with my contrast which was good and made it mediocre?!?

Anyone else experiencing this?:confused:

Thanks!

2. Something4Kate macrumors member

Perhaps a silly question and not really related to this thread .... but how can you tell which "week" your iPod touch is? :eek:

SFK

3. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

the first 5 numbers of the serial number.

Anyone hear anything about my problem?

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Ive heard of the blacks turning "grey and grainy" after the update but not negative. I think Apple really needs to sort then selves out though.

5. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

yea, do you think they will maybe release another update to "re-fix" the screens if enough people have this problem?

6. Kpod macrumors newbie

Be careful dude. The same kind of thing happened with my week 38 iPod Touch. The screen looked excellent until the update, after which it looked kind of like when you turn the contrast up too high on a computer monitor. I also experienced a handful of stuck pixels that didn't show up until after the update. I posted my experience on a previous thread and several people attacked me (see http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=362100). They said it was "the placebo effect" and "it's all in my head" among other things. They also attacked me for posting as a newbie about my problems. Be prepared for the attacks to begin.

PS - I sent my Touch back to Apple for a refund (it's on it's way now). I plan on purchasing another one in the future...once these issues are worked out.

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I noticed this as well (right after it deleted everything on my ipud).

I will say this though. If the software was capable of doing that to your ipod, the software will be able to fix it in the future. It does suck, sorry to hear that. but just sit tight for a while and see what apple does. Try to realize this isn't the end of the world :-D. Im sure it will turn out ok..ish

8. tm1000 macrumors member

I read through that thread....ONE person said that you were a newbie and said that you didn't know what you were talking about because of it. I'm sorry that you think everyone on here attacked you....but it's simply not true...not all of us are newbie bashing members :rolleyes:

9. Kpod macrumors newbie

Ok, I guess you're right. Maybe "attack" is the wrong word for it. Maybe it'd be better to say that the tone of the previous thread turned mean spirited for no reason. One person made a comment about it all being in my head and then others piled on with similar comments. I'm glad to see that the folks in this thread are actually open to the fact that there might really be a problem with the update instead of just saying we're full of it for even suggesting it.

10. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Yea, I'm hoping that they release an update that will fix this. I guess I will wait for a bit before I exchange it bc I just put my Invisible Shield on the back! :mad::mad:

11. substeel macrumors member

Updating a week 38

I was planning on updating my Week 38 simply because iTunes keeps reminding me that version 1.1.1 is out.

I could not update because of an issue - "unable to connect to iTunes store". Seemed strange since both my ipod and computer connect just fine to purchase music. I tried running clearing my DNS (only suggestion on the apple site) but that did not work. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I was able to download and install the latest version of iTunes on my computer but once the iTouch was plugged in that's when the error occurs.

Over all I am just as happy not to update the software since everything seems to be just fine with my iTouch.