update changed my icons!?? help?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by irmatt, Sep 16, 2008.

1. irmatt macrumors newbie

i updated and i have just noticed bad stuff so far is there a way to fix this?

[​IMG]

2. jsnop macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem! I guess it's not isolated, since I have the same "replacements" as you, such as the bluetooth for the back button.

3. irmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Lineart macrumors newbie

10.5.5 Changed the Orientation of My Thumbnails

I was just about to post this and noticed the thread, so I guess I'll toss this in here and get in the wait line...

So I recently upgraded my OS to 10.5.5 a couple days ago. Since then, I noticed that when browsing RAW files (Nikon’s NEF specifically) in Cover Flow that the thumbnails of photos that were taken in a vertical format are now being displayed horizontally. This seems to just affect these specific files as PSD and JPEG thumbnails are still displaying correctly. Also, when resizing the Finder window the thumbs flip to vertical as they shrink within the window down to say postage stamp size. Once the window is made larger, they flip back to horizontal. As far as the icons next to the names of the files in the list below the Cover Flow window, they show the images in a vertical format, as they should be. Finally, if I use Quick Look to preview an image, it previews correctly. It’s just the Cover Flow that seems messed up.

As for troubleshooting, I was using CandyBar around this same time to change some icons and had changed the generic folder icons for the system, so I tried changing them back, but that didn’t work. I tried repairing the Disk Permissions, but that didn’t work. I’m kinda stuck here and would appreciate some feedback as I would prefer not to have to tilt my head to look at my images.

5. irmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Lineart macrumors newbie

No fix that I've come across yet. I have come across other semi-related issues regarding icons and such displaying incorrectly, but nothing specifically related to my issue or the ones described above. The waiting continues...

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

With anybody that is experiencing the same problem as the OP- I have a question. If you control click in the tool bar of a window and then select "customize" from the menu that appears, are the icons in the customizing window that then pops up screwed up as well as the ones on the toolbar?

If they are not you can drag the ones off the toolbar (they disappear with a "poof" like dragging dock icons off) and replace them with the same thing from the customizing window and that should straighten out the problem.

If they are screwed up in the customizing window too, then this problem is more deep seated than I would have thought. :(

8. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Guys have you tried repairing permissions or repairing the disk?

9. irmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have tryed that and it still looks like that, any one els might know what is wrong?

10. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@