Update coming in July with ML release...Or in the Fall?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sam Spade, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Sam Spade macrumors regular

Many posters in this forum seem to believe that the iMac update is coming in July with the ML release. However, most in the media who are opining on the subject are predicting it will come in the Fall.

Are some people here equating July with Fall?

2. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

3. Sam Spade thread starter macrumors regular

4. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Everything seems to be aligning with the "June/July" rumors that were floating in April. I can't put any faith in "Fall" unless July comes and goes quietly first.

5. CycloneX macrumors newbie

What makes the most sense is for Apple to release the iMac with ML in July. However, if not in July, then the next time frame that makes sense to me would be late Fall/early winter in time for Christmas sales ... my guess would be if not July than late October into November. The late Fall time frame would fit better with the original target date of next year with the PMs, but moved slightly back into this year, perhaps because of the availability of the 680M GPU. If the iMac is held to late this year ... I'm really going to have to think hard about pulling the trigger in July on a 2011 iMac.

6. Grey Hound macrumors newbie

For me I dont care if it's in July or not. The thing is, there is an update and I am okay with that. I'll just get a hand of it once it's available.

7. theturn macrumors newbie

I'd love to be serene like you are, I've been saving since august for a new iMac, I'll pull the trigger on a fully-specd model the minute they are released

8. Grey Hound macrumors newbie

sounds great! let's just wait and see when it's coming! i cant help but get excited though.:)

9. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

September is too busy with Toy events. Early July or August is my guess.

10. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

:rolleyes:

11. Overg macrumors 6502

If Marco the one who spread the fall rumor is right than it will be October if not later...
    As August is summer, September as someone mentioned is the Toy events iPhone,iPods and so, so apple will wait at least a month to not interfere with the toy effect that gives minimum of month.
    So logic say, either July, with ml, or October o later.
    Which raise the question of Tim cook promise to amazing 2012 year, until now there is nothing amazing.
    Only iPad 3 and Mac retina.
    Also if we add to the equation the tv rumor then there isn't much time left after September toy event.
    Soaybe the iMac is connected to the tv in some way.