Update Coming soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nojustice, Mar 23, 2009.

1. nojustice macrumors newbie

Looking to purchase a laptop soon, wondering if anyone has heard anything at all about a macbook update or when to expect such a thing?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Always take a look at the Buyer's Guide first. It is almost time for Apple's spring update on their laptops. I only expect to see minor bumps in clock speed and hard drive space.

3. lazydesi macrumors 6502

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Not anytime soon. They were virtually JUST updated

5. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

It really does seem like only yesterday. I wonder if the buyer's guide update status could be worded in a way that would discourage these sorts of threads from popping up all the time. Then again, the folks posting these threads may not be reading the buyer's guide.

6. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Yeah, everyone is usually a culprit of not peeking around the site, finding useful information about general topics that have been answered countless times. I'm guilty :rolleyes:

7. mac88 macrumors 6502

I don't believe there will be any updates until the end of the year. Buy now and enjoy!

8. nojustice thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I read the update, should have realized that this question is probably asked twice a day . Will be ordering a 2 GHZ Aluminum Macbook from newegg on Wednesday. It will be my first mac besides the hackintosh setup I ran for about a week. Hope to become part of this community, pzpzpz

9. lazydesi macrumors 6502

10. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

I was going to wait too but I thought it wasn't worth the wait... technology will always improve and if you keep waiting might as well not get it cuz six months or so from the date of purchase, something new comes out.

Get it now and enjoy :)

11. Spadoinkles :) macrumors newbie

I'm living (partially suffering) with my overheating mac until quad core macbook pros come out :) Intel's made the processors and no doubt they should be coming within the next year or two (At least I hope so *_*)

12. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sweet!!!

I'm still waiting for my G5 Powerbook!!! :cool::D

13. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

14. uv23 macrumors 6502

I'm also contemplating a new MB or MBP and also on the fence about whether to wait or not. Seeing the buyer's guide, I think I can hold out another month (until it reaches the average new cycle point) and see what happens.