Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Hello everyone, I have installed on my macbook early 2008 Yosemite, but now I want to upgrade it to el capitan, how can I do ?? I have problems with macpostfactor because that tells me to go ahead with the installation I have to click on the ad, however, appears to me a pure white screen within the application .. Do you know how can I do? I have attached the photo of the problem with macpostfactor. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Schermata 2016-10-17 alle 13.01.59.png
    Schermata 2016-10-17 alle 13.01.59.png
    889.6 KB · Views: 2,017

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
What version of MacPostFactor are you using?

I'm looking at their website (which seems to be a little wonky) and there's a message at the top:

"October 11, 2016: We are aware of the ad skip issue in MacPostFactor 1.0.1 and newer. Please download MLPostFactor from the other downloads section."​

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
The version of macpostfactor is 2.0.1 , the 1.0.1 isn't compatible with el capitan

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
OsSierra is compatible with my unsupported macbook 4,1 white early 2008 (with patch tool)???

imoore1

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2016
Hello everyone, I have installed on my macbook early 2008 Yosemite, but now I want to upgrade it to el capitan, how can I do ?? I have problems with macpostfactor because that tells me to go ahead with the installation I have to click on the ad, however, appears to me a pure white screen within the application .. Do you know how can I do? I have attached the photo of the problem with macpostfactor. Thanks in advance.

Try this ...

Drag the "Skip Ad" button directly to a Safari window. It should be a "Please Wait" page. Highlight the URL and drag the icon to the left of it back onto the white space in the MacPostFactor window.

That worked for me :)

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
OsSierra is compatible with my unsupported macbook 4,1 white early 2008 (with patch tool)???
Did you succeed to install El Capitan in that white early 2008 MacBook?
Thanks in advance for letting me know.
I have a same model and it did not work for me with MacPostFactor 2.0.1 either inside or trying with an external USB flash drive as an installer of El Capitan.
Maybe you have more luck than me.
Regarding Sierra I have not seen anybody succeeding with such old macs.
Ed

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Sierra is not compatible with this mac .. also I have not had a great success with el capitan and macpostfactor 2.0.1 because after booting from USB comes in the installation but 'after a few minutes the mac restarts
[doublepost=1477304768][/doublepost]
Try this ...

Drag the "Skip Ad" button directly to a Safari window. It should be a "Please Wait" page. Highlight the URL and drag the icon to the left of it back onto the white space in the MacPostFactor window.

That worked for me :)

Thaanks it worked :):apple:

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
I have installed el capitan of usb. But installation I will restart why ?

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I have installed el capitan of usb. But installation I will restart why ?
I don't understand. You made an installer in an USB flash and starting from it you succeeded to install El Capitan in the hard drive of your MacBook early 2008?
Did you use for that MacPostFactor 2.0.1 ?

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
I have since installed el capitan of usb with macpostfactor 2.0.1 , I chose from the Yosemite partition and after a few minutes tells me installation is complete but I have not restarted the mac el capitan .. why?
440ffec665edabd71d3cab5869393118.jpg

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I had the same problem.
A faulse message of succeed but no success at all.
Maybe trying many times at the end works but in my case I tried and tried and the result is always a failure with El Capitan.
Yosemite finally worked in my MacBook Early 2008 with the first version of MacPostFactor (1.0.1) but also after many many failures.
Ed

Rosario98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
I had the same problem.
A faulse message of succeed but no success at all.
Maybe trying many times at the end works but in my case I tried and tried and the result is always a failure with El Capitan.
Yosemite finally worked in my MacBook Early 2008 with the first version of MacPostFactor (1.0.1) but also after many many failures.
Ed

I installed Yosemite whit macpostfactor 1.0.1 without any problems. el capitan me too many problems in the installation :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.