Update from iPhone='cannot connect to itunes' error

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jobsfnby, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jobsfnby macrumors regular

Everytime I try to update an application from my phone I keep getting an error message saying 'cannot connect to iTunes store'. I've tried this both on wifi and 3G but neither is working

the genius at the apple store said it was happening for him too and that it was only becase the servers were so packed.

Jw if anyone here has this problem/bug and if anyone's found a way to fix it without updating from a computer.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Supox macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. I have no idea what is wrong.:eek:

3. ken987 macrumors member

I still can't buy apps from my phone. Even though I know my password is correct it will not let me..says to retry..This is ridiculous...why can't they fix this????

4. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Same here! Is it just a server issue? You'd think it wouldnt be as busy now. I'm using an AOL account if that has anything to do with it?

5. agent11727 macrumors newbie

I too am having the same problem. Cannot purchase or update apps from the App Store. It just started happening to me yesterday, before that it worked great.

I can't even SSH into my iPhone far enough to try deleting the plist cache file cause you can't Jailbreak the 3GS yet

Hopefully this is only because Apple's "servers" are messed up right now :confused:

6. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I should note I dont have this problem everytime I try to DL an app...but it fails more times than it works, which is not cool!

7. Donbuster macrumors newbie

Fixed it

I encountered this problem earlier today, I was really p.o. But I have found a solution, log UR iPhone out of ur account then log back in and it should work, at least it did for me