Update Garageband using Remote Desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marcusg, Aug 22, 2012.

1. marcusg macrumors newbie

I've got a classroom with new iMacs, installed yesterday with Apple Remote Desktop on my computer. I've noticed that there's and update to Garageband – is it possible to update all computers at once using Remote Desktop for software in App Store (all machines running OS X Lion)?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yep. In the toolbar of the main Remote Desktop control window, there's a "Packages" button. Download the update manually from the Apple Support site, select all the computers you're pushing it to, and click that Packages button. Drag the update into the top half of the window, set any other options you may like, and hit the OK button at the bottom (or whatever the glowing blue button says).

jW

3. marcusg thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried downloading GarageBand 6.0.5, but package installation via Remote Desktop results in (translated from swedish) "The installed version of GarageBand must be updated via Mac App Store. Check if there's an update in the Mac App Store".

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Oh, if they're App Store versions, not sure if you can do that then. Sorry, missed that in the original post. Might be a shell script you can run for App Store updates, but I'm not sure.

jW