Update help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ksach, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ksach macrumors newbie

hello all,
    i just bought a new macbook air running the OS X lion, and as soon as i started it, there was a little red dot on the app store icon telling me there were 3 updates avaliable for iphoto, garageband and imovie. when i opened these applications it said that i was running the newest version. yet that red dot with the number three is there.
    how can i get rid of this dot? please help me its driving me crazy considering this is my first mac and i feel so uncomfortable using it :(

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Have you tried opening the App Store and going to the updates button ?

Updates now come through the app store, as well as through the app & via software update, the system might be confused somewhere

3. ksach, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

ksach thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, thanks for the suggestion but i tried it, to update thru the app store, it said "This update is no avaliable. You must have previously purchased the item being updated. Tap Buy to purchase it now", so i pressed buy and it said "we could not complete you request. There was an error in the App store."

GAHHHH lol any other suggestions?

i tried restarting, quiting the app store, updating thru the app, via software update and the app store....having trouble refrainning from throwing it out of the window! even tho i bought it today!

4. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

5. ksach thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh i guess everyone seems to be having this problem, might aswel consider it a bug.
    thanks for all your help mate!

6. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

7. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Have you used the Mac App Store to install purchased apps on another Mac? I found I got the red updates circle on my main Mac when another Mac needed the update.

8. ksach thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have another mac, so i dont think that is the problem. any other suggestions? :(