Update...how is your iphone 5 Black holding up with no case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Iphone5pilot, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Iphone5pilot macrumors newbie

Just thought I would ask again all those with the black iphone 5 that are NOT using a case how their phones are holding up so far. I'm 3 1/2 weeks in and only using a screen protector and mine seems to be doing really well. Most light marks on the back seem to wipe right off and the sides are holding up well so far. Would love to hear others opinions thanks.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I didn't have a case on most of the time since I got mine on September 21st, but I got it replaced on Tuesday due to three dead pixels, so I don't have the freshest imagine in my head. I wasn't unhappy, that's for sure. Though when I looked at my replacement iPhone 5 and how shiny and new it was I wasn't sure if I was taking care of my phone wrong or not. Either way, it still looked beautiful and functioned flawlessly. There's just something about it though, my new iPhone 5 seems.. different than the last. I don't know, maybe I'll notice the black coating to fade and chip less.

By the way, way more than enough threads on this.

3. Iphone5pilot thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I know there are but I couldn't find a recent update..sorry about that!

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Had it in a case for a while... then took it off and rocked it nude for about a week... then got my BSE skin and it's been like that for a couple of weeks.

I don't know why more people don't "skin" their devices if they want to carry them w/o cases (but are worried about chips/scratches).

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I wouldn't want the process to end up damaging the device. My real excuse is that I'm usually broke after getting new or replacing a device, so it's wouldn't be as effective.

6. NullAll macrumors newbie

I had mine for just a month without a case just front and back "screen" protectors. I put my phone into my pocket that usually has nothing else but my phone in it to prevent scratches.

The phone is in completely mint condition and I'm expecting it to stay this way as given I keep my habits constant.

7. jgz macrumors regular

jgz