Resolved Update Interface Builder?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mistergreen2011, Mar 23, 2011.

1. mistergreen2011, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

mistergreen2011 macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm just starting out with objectiveC and Xcode 4.

So I built a simple UI buttons and an image view with Interface Builder. I run it and it works fine.

Then I would go and add another object like a text field or delete the image view. I would run the app but the old view is still there. The new altered Interface doesn't show up at all. Do I need to refresh the xib file somehow?

thanks.

2. mistergreen2011 thread starter macrumors member

OH! found it

In the ios Simulator,
    choose ios Simulator/Reset Content and Settings.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

You shouldn't have to reset the simulator to see your changes. If everything is working correctly and you're doing everything right, any changes to the interface should show up automatically the next time you run the app.

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Most common mistake upon IB people, (Interface Builder), is forgetting to save their stuff, or they didn't realise they put stuff BEHIND another layer, which is why it's not showing up etc.
    Just double check, or reopen interface builder (quit it first).
    And then start off agian :)

5. mistergreen2011 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, weird right?
    I'm using xcode 4 where the IB is integrated with xcode. I saved the files. Checked if things are infront of things. There are no errors. I even quit xcode and relaunched and had the same problem. Maybe there's a preference to reset the simulator somewhere.

6. ppilone macrumors 6502

Make sure that the app is actually being killed in the simulator when you re-launch it. Also, when the application is re-launched, make sure it's showing you the "loading" splash screen first.

I've had a few issues with Xcode 4/Simulator where stopping/running my app would really just resume the app (and nothing would be updated). I had to manually quit the app in the simulator to get things to play nice. I'm pretty sure a random combination of quitting the simulator/Xcode fixed the issue.

7. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

There is a preference, if u go on the top left menu, iOS Simulator, reset all settings etc. tadaaa :p
    (as a guy pointed out earlier.)