Update: Interview Process @ Apple

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zachnelson, Jun 7, 2012.

1. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Hey folks,

I previously wrote a topic on having an interview with Apple for a retail store position. I'll update this topic as things go on, but I had my first interview this morning.

Yesterday the guy I have been communicating with at the store send a group email to all the interviewees. It was two groups, one at 8am and one at 9am, four and three people respectively. Supposedly the store I interviewed for gets 1,000+ applications a week, and we made the cut from two weeks worth of applications.

This morning I was part of the 8am group, and had three other people there. I wore a fitted shirt without a tie, slacks and belt and dress shoes. One guy wore the same as me but with a tie. Another guy wore a thin sweater or long sleeve shirt with corduroys.

The interview consisted of sitting on a table outside of a Starbucks and just talking about various aspects and questions such as "Why do you want to work for Apple?" and "Explain a time when you went above your own expectation." It was very casual and had lots of laughs and jokes. I receive an email this monday if they'd like to meet more with me or if not.

:)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There are numerous threads on the hiring process for Apple Retail, and they're all equally uninteresting. Retail jobs are all the same. Retail hiring practices are all pretty much the same.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

After seeing all those threads I've wondered, why would you (OP) want to work in a retail position for Apple?

4. 2LMedia macrumors member

Working Apple retail is waaaaaaay overrated. It's just another retail job, like Best Buy or some other computer company. It used to be special, but it no longer is.