Update: Interview Process @ Apple

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Hey folks,

I previously wrote a topic on having an interview with Apple for a retail store position. I'll update this topic as things go on, but I had my first interview this morning.

Yesterday the guy I have been communicating with at the store send a group email to all the interviewees. It was two groups, one at 8am and one at 9am, four and three people respectively. Supposedly the store I interviewed for gets 1,000+ applications a week, and we made the cut from two weeks worth of applications.

This morning I was part of the 8am group, and had three other people there. I wore a fitted shirt without a tie, slacks and belt and dress shoes. One guy wore the same as me but with a tie. Another guy wore a thin sweater or long sleeve shirt with corduroys.

The interview consisted of sitting on a table outside of a Starbucks and just talking about various aspects and questions such as "Why do you want to work for Apple?" and "Explain a time when you went above your own expectation." It was very casual and had lots of laughs and jokes. I receive an email this monday if they'd like to meet more with me or if not.

:)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
After seeing all those threads I've wondered, why would you (OP) want to work in a retail position for Apple?