iPad Update iPad 3 5.1.1 Jailbroken to 6.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by huntermaclean, Apr 4, 2013.

1. huntermaclean macrumors member

Any ideas? So far I've tried:

-Normal restore/update using iTunes. Result is "Your device is not eligible" error message.

-Redsn0w. Appears to be incompatible with 6.x IPSW's.

-iFaith. Reports error with apticket when loading my SHSH blobs.

-iReb. Doesn't support iPad 3.

So I've already got my SHSH blobs saved, I just can't get them stitched to the IPSW so I can perform a restore.

Thanks all.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

there is no way to restore to ios 6.1.2 for the ipad 3 at this moment. you can ONLY restore to 6.1.3 right now. Stay on iOS 5.1.1 if you value your jailbreak. You aren't missing much by not updating to iOS 6

edit: assuming an exploit is discovered, you still can NOT update to 6.1.2 because ifaith said your shsh blobs are invalid. unless you manually saved your shsh blobs for ios 6 using tinyumbrella (pointing to apple's server), redsn0w, or ifaith, you will not be able to update to 6.x in any way. if you do try it, you will be stuck in a soft dfu loop which seems to be the equivalent of a tethered jailbreak

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Blobs don't work on A5 and newer devices. You're stuck at 5.1.1, or you could choose to upgrade to 6.1.3 for now.

4. huntermaclean thread starter macrumors member

5.1.1 it is then. 6 isn't worth losing a jailbreak over. I'll wait until 7.

Thanks guys.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You waited too long.
    Should have went up when it was still available instead of trying to do it now that 6.1.3 is out.