[Update] iRealSMS 3.0.1 now in Cydia Store

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by reznor9, Jan 29, 2010.

1. reznor9 macrumors member

reznor9

Now Available in CYDIA STORE! So Paypal & Amazon payments accepted!

Changelog 3.0.1:
    • fix - Templates / drafts bug caused by iPhoneDelivery conflict.
    • fix - QuickReply when touching area between keyboard and QuickReply popup, sometimes resulting in unintentional hiding of keyboard.
    • new - QuickReply keyboard toggle for more intuitive functionality (now you can also tap the REPLY on the QuickReply to toggle the keyboard/textfield).
    • new - Camera function in quickreply / quicksend (only portrait support for now).
    • new - QuickReply / QuickSend now supports insertion of video mms from camera roll/albums.
      CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE OF NEW CAMERA / MMS INSERT
    • new - Button graphics updated.
    • new - Insert options added to in-app camera / smiley menu (for faster access).
      CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE OF NEW INSERT METHOD
    • new - Lockscreen feature, can now slide to unlock with QuickReply onscreen.
    • new - Hidden in-app ui toolbar: activate in settings and tap the top/header bar in Conversations or Folders menu to toggle hide/unhide.
      CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE OF HIDDEN TOOLBAR
    • new - Improved caching of contact pics.
    • new - In app bulletin system - (purpose: it will alert you upon launch if any new betas or releases are available in cydia).

2. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Constantly Crashing?

I'm having an issue with the app constantly crashing whenever I attempt to open it. It was working perfectly before the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

3. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

Please pm me your info.
    Email, serial. Firmware. Model iPhone

Can you describe in more detail what happens or do you attempt to launch and it simply crashes immediately? Or only sometimes? While it's attempting at dl the license? I need more info.

4. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Which serial are you referring to? I do have the full licensed copy but I don't recall receiving any serial?

From the several hours I've been trying to get it to work, it would crash out about 90% of the time. Sometimes it'll show the downloading license dialogue and sometimes it won't but it has crashed either way. The app will appear to load but immediately closes out before anything else appears. On another note though, both QuickReply and QuickSend seem to be working fine.

5. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

I mean serial as in your 11 character iPhone serial

6. atr macrumors regular

It's working Great for me. Thanks for the update, and thanks for the info letting us know what was changed/added.

7. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

There was a problem with the server.. it was not issuing trial licenses out to users... we found that error and corrected it. Im not sure if it has somehow hindered licensed users from downloading their license as well.. .but we hope if fixes both problems.

Please let me know a couple things:
    1) did it fix your problem
    2) did you purchase a 3.0 license or get a free upgrade from participating in the beta?
    3) what firmware are you running
    4) what iPhone model do you have

8. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

My pleasure... :) thanks for your support!

9. eazyd macrumors newbie

iRealSMS 3 didn't work + crashes Cydia

edited: problem probably not with iRealSMS -- also, their trial license issue was fixed in a new release apparently.

10. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

There was an error with our licensing database earlier... which would not issue licenses to users... both purchased and trial. We have fixed that and have even updated the app to 3.0.1.2 as we needed to fix a certain but that was plaguing a very very small group of users... that being said you should try it again.

Now as far as your problems with Cydia... iRealSMS in no way modifies any system files, nor any files that cydia is dependent on... so iRealSMS can in no way be responsible for the crashing of cydia that you are experiencing... if it could in cause this kind of damage, Saurik(owner of Cydia) would not even allow us to host these on the Cydia Store.

I recommend a reboot.

11. eazyd macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I rebooted multiple times and it still does not work. I'm just puzzled because Cydia not working happened directly after running iRealSMS for the first time. I had been using Cydia for a while until this point. Odd

12. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

iRealSMS makes all mods via the mobile substrate... if you want to, you can use SBSettings to boot the phone into safemode.. which will cut off all mobile subtrate apps... then if it was an app conflict with one of the apps, you should be able to get into cydia and uninstll it.

but iRealSMS like i said will not do it... our hooks have nothing to do with cydia.

13. reznor9 thread starter macrumors member

reznor9

FYI: iRealSMS 3.0.1.2 has been released to fix a rare bug some people were experiencing with downloading their license.

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Am I mistaken or should quick reply pop up a message window when i'm at my home screen or in another app? For me nothing happens at all, so I'm still using tlert as my quick reply client. I've tried uninstalling tlert just in case there was a conflict, but still nothing. And yes, I've enabled the functionality in the settings menu.

15. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    [​IMG] Love this app. I'm excited for that fix for the accidental hiding of the keyboard. Thank you.

16. ifruitfly macrumors member

17. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I runs separately. It is a Messages replacement application. Any SMS on your phone though automatically shows up in it though. If your messages app keeps crashing you should restore, that is no good.

18. ifruitfly macrumors member

i cannot do a full restore because i have the new band 3gs and no ECID on file with cydia. i dont think a restore from backup will work because i did a little experiment with my old phone (the one i need to send back to apple) to see if i could backup my alarm clock settings. ie i used the old phone as a 'test dummy' and replacing the files just caused the clock app to crash. so i restored the old phone from backup and the clock still crashes so i dont think i backup restore will work?

is iRealSMS "more independent" than "mySMS"? i just downloaded the latter and got mixed results... it did send a text, reluctantly, but would not receive one. iReal would be a iREAL LIFE SAVER if it is "more independent than mysms?? there are additional details in my original post (linked).

19. ifruitfly macrumors member

just downloaded the trial 3.0. it crashes at the same point as my messaging app -- when i hit the send bottom :(

BTW very cool app, way better than the native...alas, neither is working for me... ideas, suggestions, anything??

20. Dopamine macrumors newbie

Woke up this morning My Text No longer working

So I got up this morning to take the kid to school. decided to do a little cleaning out of my Cydia Profile Manager list. I made sure not to delete anything that seemed to be Important. Only deleted things such as Colors status bar, chat backgrounds etc. That being said
    I got home and put my phone to my Laptop and let the music sync. while this was being done I could hear my texts going off. Since it was syncing I didnt check them. So after all was done I went to check my texts in my iRealsms 3.0. There was not one single new one in my inbox. So I tried to send some texts out. But after I was done sending them. It was if they "Mysteriously" were completely deleted. No record that I had ever sent a message. The last text that I have received to my inbox was @ 8:44am it is now 1:09 pm I am so distraught.
    Now Ill walk you threw my steps
    -uninstalled iRealsms3.0
    -un "Poofed" my iphone text application.
    I went to look in the default text app Still "no new text" but the status notifer said I had messages. And I am still hearing my Text sound. But it stil has yet to show up in the application.
    -download a different version of iRealsms then Un-installed
    -Uninstalled Status Notifier
    I have checked my bestfriends iPhone (jailbroken w/ Black rain same day) and we have all the same packages in Cydia except for a few tweeks
    Im freaking out here. some one help me. it is Torture to know that I am getting hundreds of text and cannot find/see/read them!!

21. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

doesn't work for me (3GS)

I've been trying this app since I read about it in someone's top 5 cracked apps list...sadly, I've not been able to get it to work at all!!

I still get the native message box asking me to close or view...absolutely nothin else!. I've tried turn irealsms on in the background via the options but still nothing.

I'm running lockinfo (used to have intelliscreen but found it too buggy), so don't know if that is the problem, but tried sending test sms in several apps and get nothing bt the standard iphone cose/view dialogue box

will try bitesms and see what that is like

22. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Should work. I have Lockinfo with all the plugins and I'm using iRealSMS from the lock screen and every other application. I think David has worked out any bugs between Lockinfo and iReal, so it must be something else.