Update iTunes and iCloud on windows and lose iPad bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kbstl, Nov 12, 2012.

1. kbstl macrumors newbie

I got tired of the nag screen asking me to update so I did the update on my windows machine. About an hour later I grab my iPad 3 and bookmarks are gone. Called apple care and they were completely useless, I never used iCloud so I didn't have anything backed up. Poof gone, thanks apple. Glad im making the transition to. Android. This is exactly why I hate the cloud and didn't use it. I like to treat each machine completely independent but I guess it didn't matter anyway. It just works, lmao

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Updating iTunes doesn't just remove an iPad's bookmarks. But I won't waste the time explaining it since you're moving to Android. And if you think Google isn't all about the cloud, you've got another thing coming.

3. aiannar974 macrumors newbie

I just bought an Ipad yesterday. I was planning on syncing my ie favorites. Is it really gone or do I just not know what to do? All the help on the internet is for older versions of itunes.

thank you,

Anthony

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It should be under the 'Info' section when your iPad is plugged into iTunes. Here's a screenshot of mine, but I only have Safari as an option since I'm on a Mac.

Attached Files:

5. aiannar974 macrumors newbie

I dont get what you have - are you using itunes 11.0.1.12?

I get "You bokkmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from Cloud"

Anthony

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yes, I am using 11.0.1. You need to turn off 'Bookmarks' from within iCloud. Go to Settings>iCloud on your iPad to turn it off. Then try syncing them through iTunes.

7. aiannar974 macrumors newbie

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Awesome. I'm glad it worked for you. Happy Holidays!