Update jailbroken iPhone in Canada

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eduaracanada, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Eduaracanada macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My friend has a jailbroken EDGE iPhone with software 1.1.4 in Canada and she would like to upgrade it to 2.1, :D since she asked me to help her with that I have some questions:

-Can I unjailbreak the iPhone and make it indistinguishable from standard iPhones?
    -If I unjailbreak it will it work in Canada since it has the 2.1 software which accepts Rogers and Fido Sims?
    -If not how do I upgrade it to 2.1?

:) I would like to tank in advance for any help provided!

PS.: Now that the :apple: iPhone is available in many countries will activated iPhones be interchangeable? Canadian bought iPhones working with Brazilian Sims?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

No, iPhones bought in a country are locked to work with that network carrier only. *Unless* you bought it in a number of countries, one of them bieng Italy, and the other bieng China I think they are. Those are the only 2 that I am aware of, but yeah.

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Rogers (the only GSM network in Canada) will not treat the older iPhones like the 3G iPhone (although you can easily keep on using it, and purchase their dataplans).

Look-up information on Quick-own - this will allow you to update (although I don't know how far it will allow you, I know it worked to 2.0) the iPhone, and will keep it unlocked (so you can use with Rogers).

4. Eduaracanada thread starter macrumors newbie

Tanks

:D Tank-you very much but what about those other questions?

5. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

afaik 1st gen iPhones still need to be unlocked to work in Canada on the Rogers's network.

Therefore you need a jailbroken & unlocked iPhone

Quick-pwn will do this for you.