Update killed descriptions

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by wrkngclasshero, Mar 9, 2011.

1. wrkngclasshero macrumors regular

wrkngclasshero

After updating to 4.3 for my :apple:Tv2 I found that all my tv shows and all my movies no longer displayed the descriptions. Neither in the selection screen, nor when hitting up (x2) during playback.

Please tell me somebody else has this problem. It is only with the movies I have encoded myself, not purchased content. I suspect it is a description tag vs. long description tag issue.

I am super psyched to add tags to all 400+ movies and 1000+ tv episodes (sarcasm if you couldn't tell). I wish updates to the :apple:Tv wouldn't remove features.

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Mine are working fine (ripped HD and SD content) using iTunes 10.2.1.

3. wrkngclasshero thread starter macrumors regular

wrkngclasshero

Found a tv show I inadvertently added a "long description" to and that shows up in the selection menu.

Time to re-tag some files!!!

4. zero hectic, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

zero hectic macrumors member

Oh damn, really? I wish they'd stop moving the target around. First it displayed the comments tag, then the short description, now long description? Grrrrr. Sadly, can't find an applescript that will copy the description tag over to the long description, just the other way around.

5. zero hectic, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

zero hectic macrumors member

OK this is weird. Somehow, I managed to get it to display the comment field instead of either description fields. I have no idea how I did it or how to set it back.

6. Omne666 macrumors 6502a

Phew.....

Upon reading this thread I jumped into the ATV2 and checked mine out. All fine. Most encoded with iFlicks so all good here.