Update Library to DRM Free--For Free?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by joejoejoe, Feb 19, 2008.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Hey,

I remember back when iTunes plus was an extra 30 cents I was prompted with the option to update my library for a certain amount of money (like 30 bucks or something) to iTunes plus.

Now that plus is essentially the same price, shouldn't this be available for free?

If so, how do I do it? I searched around the menus and help but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks thanks.

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

No you still have to pay the additional $.30 per upgraded song. If you click the iTunes Plus button on the right hand side of the store you will be brought to a page that has a link for upgrading songs, but it can only be done by upgrading all of the songs they list. Some of the songs you want may still not be available DRM free which is annoying also :(

3. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

That's really annoying of Apple, always ****ing over the early adopters

If there's no difference between DRM and DRM Free songs now, why charge us to upgrade??

:mad:

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

You're certainly entitled to feel that Apple is screwing you over. I won't argue with you.

I just wanted to point out that even if the DRM tracks are the same price as the DRM free ones, there are still bandwidth costs to consider.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That point alone makes me think it's OK for them to charge something, but 30 cents/song? At 10 cents or 5 cents, I get it. But it really stinks that it costs so much to do this upgrade (which is why I don't plan to!).

6. Dunk the Lunk macrumors regular

I really hope they introduce an iTunes plus for TV programmes/movies. We've already had one upgrade of the iTunes resolution and no doubt there will be future ones (especially with HD just around the corner). I wouln't mind paying a small amount to upgrade my library rather than having to pay the full amount over and over again.