Update Macbook Pro announcement 4th October?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lll, Oct 2, 2011.

  1. lll macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2011
    #1
    Quick question before i go out and buy a 13 inch i3.
    How likely will there be an updated Macbook Pro coming out this month, maybe an announcement along with the iPhone on 4th October?
     
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

    MacDawg

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    "Between the Hedges"
  3. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

    Icy1007

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    Cleveland, OH
    #4
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

    No, 0% chance.
     
  4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

    GuitarG20

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2011
  5. henry72 macrumors 65816

    henry72

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #6
    Nope. Let's talk iPhone"s" :)
    By the way, there is no i3. Base model is i5. Buy it now if you need one now.
     
  6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    #7
    HAHAHAHAHAAHA


    no....

    just buy the macbook pro now
     
  7. vitzr macrumors 68030

    vitzr

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2011
    Location:
    California
    #8
    Apple is making too much money from the mobile space. They gave us the Air which hardly took any time & effort on their part. MBP's are selling well since they still have the Apple logo on them. But going forward the key is to ratchet down ones expectations. Apples all about mobile.
     
  8. jackc macrumors 65816

    jackc

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
  9. lll thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2011
    #10
    If that is the case, there is no hope that an updated Macbook Pro will be for-sale this month.
     
  10. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

    ScottNWDW

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #11
    For all those on the fence about buying a new MacBook Pro. I wouldn't buy one now because Apple hasn't announced anything yet but in 2012 the line will be updated, therefore for the latest and greatest MacBook Pro you should wait until about April of 2012 to get one.

    But then, by that time rumours of the 2013 model will be flying around at full speed and that one promises to be really awesome, so maybe waiting until 2013 might be your best bet.

    However, my inside sources at Apple say that the 2014 model will be the "next generation" model and therefore waiting until that version is out would be the best bang for your buck.

    Then again, with the way chips are being designed the 2015 model will be revolutionary and an entire game changer as far as laptops go so if you want the best of the best of the best then 2015 is your year to buy that MacBook Pro you need now. After all you wouldn't want to buy an outdated computer would you.

    But then in 2016 and then 2017 the rumor mill is really speculating some amazing things.

    The moral of the story is.... if you want the MacBook Pro buy it now, a new updated version is always right around the corner.

    Then again, if you really want that totally awesome MacBook Pro, 2018 will be the year to take the plunge. or maybe 2019, no wait 2020.
     
  11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

    ntrigue

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2007
    #12
    With 99.99999% certainty no new MacBook Pro. They will often just bump these by changing the website from 2am-7am it can still arrive in October.
     
  12. hinkamp macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 14, 2011
    #13
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get the "if you need one now, buy one now, if you don't, wait" argument. If that were truly the case, then most people wouldn't be asking the question on a forum. They ask because there is some uncertainty.

    If there is a non-zero probability of a minor speed bump in less than 48 hours (because of an Apple event), there is no harm in waiting a couple of days.
     
  13. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

    Matthew9559

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas
  14. Badrottie Suspended

    Badrottie

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #15
    I don't think Tim Cook will tell you on Tuesday…He WILL tell you to buy new Apple iPhone 5!
     
  15. Kyian macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2011
    #16
    There is a nice "buyers guide" here on macrumors.com, but I just bought my new 13" one month ago and it's as nice as heaven.
     
  16. phillytim macrumors 6502a

    phillytim

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2011
    Location:
    Philadelphia, PA
    #17
    Nope - October 4 will bring nothing on the Mac front. This is an iPhone/iPod event, period. Move along.
     
  17. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

    aziatiklover

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2011
    Location:
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    #18
    Yeap I was thinking the samething.
     
  18. reputationZed macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2011
    Location:
    34°55′42″N 80°44′41″W (34.
    #19
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

    What specifically do you need updated?
     
  19. Philflow macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 7, 2008
    #20
    Specbump might come soon (faster CPUs). 4 oct? possible but more likely a quiet update.

    New model comes H1 2012.
     

Share This Page