"Update Needed" after installing Windows with Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by giodelgado, Jul 4, 2015.

1. giodelgado macrumors regular

giodelgado

Hey guys not sure if someone has encountered this weird problem, after installing Windows using Bootcamp I get a logon screen that says "Update Needed" as the username, not sure what's the password but nothing works, seems like it's asking for a password before I can boot, just like the boot pass from windows.

I can boot to Windows or OS X using the Option key but this is just annoying...

Searched Google and some fixed it by disabling FileVault but I haven't encrypted anything...

Attached Files:

2. giodelgado thread starter macrumors regular

giodelgado

I remember now that I installed Windows on my internal HDD used for Time Machine backups, now decrypting...

Hopefully this fixes it...

3. giodelgado thread starter macrumors regular

giodelgado

After uninstalling Bootcamp partition inside OS X I don't get the "boot login", unencrypted the Time Machine HDD, tried the bootcamp install again on a partition and still got the boot login.

Things that work:
    • Using target Disk mode inside windows to load os x directly
    • Pressing Options during boot
    Which is annoying...

After figuring the boot login password I noticed it takes me to Recovery mode! but why!?

any help is appreciated :(

here's the log:

4. giodelgado thread starter macrumors regular

giodelgado

I'm such a noob, I just needed to select the default boot device inside Bootcamp's Control Panel using Windows...