Update Numbers on iPad - spreadsheet disappeared

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidinva, Oct 20, 2015.

1. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad Mini 4, 9.0.2. I have been using Numbers to track daily expenses since July 1, 2015, first on my iPad Mini 2, now on my new one. There was a recent update to Numbers and now my spreadsheet has disappeared. There was no iCloud backup. Am I out of luck?

2. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Are you using iCloud drive?
    If so go to iCloud.com on a desktop. Log in. Select the settings icon. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Under 'Advanced' select restore files. Select the files you would like to restore (your finance file).

If you are not using iCloud drive then you (or some on) must have manually deleted the file, as an update would NOT have deleted it. If you are not using iCloud drive I would highly recommend using it.

Please reply back and tell me how it goes. I would love to help!

3. davidinva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just now read your reply. Thanks. No it's not there. I did not delete it as far as I know. I only updated the spreadsheet a couple of times a week. It's not in iCloud. The only other I have it iCloud are Notes and they are ok.