Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
For anyone waiting for Denon's Airplay firmware upgrade, I spoke to their UK technical support today, so I hope this info is useful. I was asking specifically about the CEOL, but I assume it refers to their other hifis too. They told me:

1) Airplay support was meant to be coming December 1st but has been delayed due to approval issues from Apple. It should be out roughly around the middle of December if all goes well.

2) They are definitely supporting direct AirPlay from iPods and iPhones. This is the main reason I rang - some of their marketing material mentions using iTunes and the remote app, but apparently this is just for people who don't have iOS 4.2

Hope that helps if you're waiting like me!

marcolz

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2010
This is very interesting indeed - I've just received a CEOL for XMas and I would also like to update it to support AirPlay.

Do you know if the update is now available and how one is supposed to get it (do I need to bring my CEOL to a support centre or I can do it autonomously?).

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.