Update on current rMB 1.3 BTO ship times...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arbitrage, Jul 22, 2015.

1. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

Just as a public service announcement (as I was trying to find this info before I ordered), I ordered a BTO 1.3 rMB on July 5th and my estimate on the Canadian store was 3-4 weeks and after placing the order Apple gave a delivery range of Aug 11-17th. Happy to report that my BTO rMB shipped on July 16th so only 11 days after ordering with delivery for July 29th. Just wanted to update folks that may be wondering how long the real times are currently. If I hadn't wanted the 1.3, Staples had all the other variants in stock for next day shipping.

2. tbirdparis macrumors 6502

Nice one, that's the kind of good news we would all like to get when staring for days (or weeks) at a "processing order" status that refuses to change... :)

Out of interest, which finish did you order? I've been wondering if the more popular colours have been getting ramped up in production faster than others. It seems that most people talk about wanting Space Grey so it wouldn't surprise me if they'd ramped up the output of that model perhaps at the expense of others, to meet demand. Or of course, the opposite is also possibly true, that the demand for the SG means they're taking longer to get out...

3. arbitrage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine was Space Grey.

4. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

If you're having trouble, consider checking at places like Best Buy. I couldn't find any 256SSD non-gold in any Apple store, but was able to find a couple at different Best Buys. I know this isn't necessarily related to the 1.3, but just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody came across this thread looking for a new Macbook.

Love mine btw. So hawt.