update on iPhone 4 preorder from ATT Premier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuz10n, Jun 18, 2010.

1. fuz10n macrumors member

fuz10n

hey guys,

Just want you guys to know my situation, and what ATT told me since I'm sure there are several of us with this status on our order. I called the small business helpline, and the rep seemed fairly knowledgeable.

Order Facts:

• My order status from the regular ATT order status page has a 1 under ordered and a 1 under backordered.

• My order status with premier shows a checkmark under processing.

• I received a confirmation email after ordering at 5:00AM on 6/15/2010.

• Funds were put on hold on my bank account for 2 $1 amounts, plus the total price of the phone + tax. This hold was removed this morning (which sparked me to call).

The rep checked the status of my order, and confirmed that I got my order in on time, so I will be receiving it as soon as they ship. The official wording they gave their employees was not clear on whether the phone would arrive or ship out on the 24th. Not a huge deal.

So, sounds like if you have a 1 under backordered, which seems to indicate that they actually did reserve a phone for you, and the other facts above match for you, you are golden.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Geez thanks for posting another thread on this subject isn't the one big thread enough or must everyone have their own

3. Icarus73 macrumors regular

I ordered on 6/15 at 11:05pm central and I STILL can't see my order on the regular att site.

ugh.

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

5. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

6. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

well the date on the premier site updated to 6/17 and they charged my credit card....

i also cna now see it on the att site but it also says backordered....wtf:confused:

7. fuz10n thread starter macrumors member

fuz10n

if you guys are gonna hate, just don't reply. ;) There were lots of threads on this topic with differing information, so I decided I would, FWIW, get my own from AT&T and take the time to post it for you guys to see. :)

8. fuz10n thread starter macrumors member

fuz10n

i would suggest calling them to see what happened. It's possible that you didn't make it in time... :(

9. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

And how is this thread any different? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    :):):):mad::D:mad::mad::confused::rolleyes::(;):eek::apple:

10. fuz10n thread starter macrumors member

fuz10n

if you read my post, it looks like backordered is a good sign. I think it means they have one shipping from China with your name on it, reserved, good to go.

11. fuz10n thread starter macrumors member

fuz10n

:cool: great minds think alike

12. thedavid macrumors newbie

This is my exact situation, except for the hold - I used a discovercard and it's still 'missing' the funds (it's on hold). I appreciate this post, it makes me feel better!

13. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

14. fuz10n thread starter macrumors member

fuz10n

15. phaggard macrumors regular

Most time when things are pre-ordered there will be a $1.00 charge on your account. Mine did the same thing and the next day it was gone but what it did was put a hold on your account for the amount of your purchase. Just plan as if that charge is now on your card. Technically it is but they don't cash it in util the item is shipped.