update on Quicken for Mac? February?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by btownguy, Jan 26, 2010.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502a

Last I heard, the redemption of Quicken on the Mac was supposed to be released in February. I haven't seen any updates on the Quicken blog since about September. Does anyone have any insight on this product and if it's still slated to come out next month?

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

In this case, no news is NOT good news

I wouldn't hold my breath

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree. If they had good news to tell they would be releasing it. No news in 4 months with a suspected release a month away...not good at all.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

February of what year.

lol, quicken for the mac is a joke. Intuit continually gives the mac users the short end of the stick. Less updates, less features, higher cost. Just look at this over promised, vaperware.

Check out iBank, a better product, with a better track record.

5. xplnusa macrumors regular

I checked out iBank, but I couldn't figure out if it had a place that I can put in my monthly bills so it will show me what I have coming up that I need to pay.

I really need to get converted over from MS Money. Thats the only reason I still keep a Windows PC on my desk and honestly I'm tired of waiting on Quicken...

Anyone know?

6. JayInNJ macrumors regular

There have been a number of threads on here about this. The closest I have seen to getting close to Quicken was Moneydance, but still it wouldn't cut it for me since I couldn't get it to send payments. Most of the solutions out there for Mac won't let you do Billpay or setup automatic repeating payments. Even this new version of Quicken dropped these features for Mac. So I too had to keep my Windows PC around just for this. I use remote desktop to login to the PC and do it from my Mac. That is as close as I can get. I don't have any interest of installing Windows on my Mac just for this purpose either.

A lot of people like iBank or similar programs for tracking things, but it can't really do full banking without you logging into your bank's web site for paying bills. I have been using Quicken for banking and paying all bills for 14 years and I don't want to now resort to a lesser solution. Quicken on the PC isn't perfect but it still seems to be the only game in town that can do everything.

7. chrysrobyn macrumors member

It won't do online banking, but I really like Moneywell. I don't have a problem paying bills with a combination of web bill pay and auto pay, so it's not a feature I'm looking for. As far as getting a hold of my finances, balancing the budget, and convincing the wife to back off her spending, Moneywell has saved my butt.

8. BobK macrumors member

Quicken for Mac 2010 Feb 24

I pre-ordered Quicken 2010 and got an e-mail back from Intuit that it will ship on or about Feb 24. But then I read previous posts in this thread that state that you cannot pay bills with it. What the **** is it good for? I mainly use Quicken for Windows to pay bills, do repeating payments, and keep track of years of transactions. I guess I have waited months, nursing my 7 year old Dell along for nothing. Last I checked, Apple is selling a lot of computes. Has Intuit lost their mind? Monday I will call them and cancel the order.

9. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I gave up on it. The new release won't manage portfolios/investments very well, and to me it seems as if the program is worse than the 2007 version.

I downloaded iBank to give it a try and found it to be enough for what I need.