Update on Sirius/XM App for iOS4?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jw nyc, Jul 1, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Anyone have an update on when Sirius/XM will be updated? Enabling background feature with this app is going to be awesome!

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

This is another one I am eagerly awaiting...

The initial app took a long time to get released back in the day so I'm not optimistic of it being done anytime soon. :(

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

There's only been one update since the initial release and that was back in November 09. I hope it'll come out soon but I'm not optimistic. Until an update comes out I'm using ooTunes which can stream Sirius and has been updated to run in the background.

4. AndyCodez macrumors regular

Yeah sirius app fails, they probably contracted it out and didn't want to pay them to update it lol.

5. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I'm not a big fan of this app either. I was a loyal Sirius subscriber, but now that I can get the music selections from Pandora (iOS4 updated already) and the ESPN radio app (which is able to play in the background) I no longer have a need for Sirius. Officially canceling today.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I've been using Pocket Tunes for listening to XM since it can now background.

7. jlynsk macrumors newbie

I am using pocket tunes as well and it is an excellent app to listen to Sirius ,xm and any other radio station youbcan think of!

8. sinX80 macrumors newbie

Update

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/iphone-ios4-multitasking-for-sirius-xm-apps.html

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I've been using Pocket Tunes to listen to XM because it supports multitasking. One thing I have noticed is that I think the XM app actually has better sound quality then Pocket Tunes.

10. alee macrumors 6502

App is updated. High res icon + background playing. Graphics are still low res on the other app pages.

11. StreetEB5 macrumors newbie

Sirius XM App Update... multitasking not working

I just updated the Sirius XM app. The multitasking capability is not working for me. Did a soft reset on my phone... still no good. Anyone else having this issue?

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I updated on two phones, an iPhone and a 3GS and the app plays in the background on both.

They now have a data usage warning when opening the app that can be dismissed after the first warning.

13. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Just downloaded wow this is awesome. thank you apple and xm. only one more app to go that i want to use in the background skype..:D