Mobile OSs Update on the Note 7 fire investigation

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by super chimp, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. super chimp macrumors 6502a

Not long to wait now.

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/engl...tronics-release-galaxy-note-8-after-revealing

2. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Hmmm after trying to get the whole debacle off the news agenda I'm not sure they won't try to quietly sweep this under the carpet. Or at least bury it on a bad news day with a very generic statement.

Re-lighting the fire () makes little sense when they want to sell new product. They've already lost enough money and goodwill.

3. epicrayban macrumors 603

epicrayban

It'd be a huge mistake for Samsung to try to sweep this under the rug. That'd be the opposite of transparency. Such a move would not welcome people back to trust them with their next big flagship, the s8.

Yes, it turns out not many people will be leaving Samsung despite the Note 7, but Samsung wants to capture more than their core fans. They need to reassure the general buying public that they understand what happened and will know how to prevent it in the future. This is key.

Besides, I think it's rather interesting. Rumor has it that Samsung is putting SDI in charge of battery safety. Recently, they've said the Note line shall return this Fall. Some are predicting that the battery might not have been the main culprit. If true, what could it be?

As a tech fan, I'm just really curious what the official word is on what took down the mighty Note 7. It was Samsung's year to lose (everyone gained from their absence this buying season). It's a great tech tragedy. I want to know what happened and I want to be assured the s8 is safe.

We shall see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.