Update one computer, use update on another?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ^^ CoolMacLover, May 22, 2010.

1. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Hay i have a question, are you able to update one computer (iMac) and send to either another imac or laptop?

eg.

Installed update 10.6.3 on my iMac, and I able to use that same update on my MBP WITHOUT having to download it again? Like using the update file i downloaded and installed on my mac and sending (via say bluetooth) to laptop and installing?

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

It should work if you download the file from Apple support manually, if you use software update I guess it's better to let the program download again.

3. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

I'd do that, but i have a small (for me) download limit so i need to try and save internet as i can.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can't do it now as I have no idea where the Software Update files go and I doubt anyone have. In future, look at Apple's support downloads, e.g. here is the 10.6.3 update you would need.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Software Update used to have an option to save update packages as it installed. I don't see it in Snow Leopard, but that may just be because my system is up-to-date. Regardless, you can always get them from Apple's support website.