Update out to allow for animated boot logo's

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Mac.World, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Dev team has added an update to enable this.

Click on Cydia, then click on changes at the bottom of the screen and install "animate fix for iOS 4.x.x" dated from 8 July.

You can now install any boot logo.

2. getyup macrumors 6502

Can anyone confirm?

3. KlodrikMcKr macrumors newbie

4. Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Yes, I am using it. Have downloaded numerous different boot logo's, from Droid X to Honeycomb to an Apple logo that turns into the words iPad2.

5. getyup macrumors 6502

Hmm, I need someone else to confirm this. No offense, but often times when one person with no track record gives info like this it turns out to be inaccurate.

6. Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Follow the directions above, respring after you load the app, then go back into Cydia and load any boot logo. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

7. getyup macrumors 6502

Looking through the notes on it, everything I can see shows it's for iPhone only. I don't see any evidence to support that it works on 4.3.3 on iPad 2. If you'd like to upload a video I'd be happy to see, but I'm not taking the chance on having to restore all my crap :-(

8. Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Will post one up when I get home from work. Pick any type of logo you'd like to see. They pretty much have one for anything.

9. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502

YES its AWESOME..I have the stewie boot logo where he is shooting the apple..and then he says how the ipad is loading..its really cool just do a cydia search for stewie and you will find it

10. getyup macrumors 6502

So I ran it, then downloaded a animation... but how do I tell it to run the animation? When I install it then reboot it's just the stock logo.

EDIT - Figured it out in settings menu

11. Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I had no reason to lie. As you can see, it's a cool little mod. :D

12. getyup macrumors 6502

Kinda pointless when the original loads, then the replacement only briefly loads... i reverted to stock.

13. Trevornewell macrumors member

just tried this and sent my ipad 2 into safe mode. removed the tweak from cydia, rebooted and its back to normal. not saying that your a lire, just doesn't work for me

14. getyup macrumors 6502

What's a lire? Is that like a flat tyre? Or a clothes driar?

HEHE, sorry I had to.

Yeah, boot animations are silly IMO... how often do you reboot an iPad? That's why it's so funny when people complain about tethered JB's ... who cares? I reboot mine like once a month.

15. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I tried it just to see what it's like. It worked for me and I installed another boot logo. It also worked for me. However, it's nothing special and like someone else said, I rarely reboot my iPad, so I will end up removing those two tweaks.