Update playlist from ipod to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by diamond3, Jun 22, 2007.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I was on the computer a little too late last night and I accidentally deleted 1700 songs off itunes. I deleted all of my most recently add music completely using the option delete key on a mac in the playlist. I was only trying to delete 7 songs but I guess i didnt realize i had the whole playlist selected. So, there went the 1700 songs too my trash. Luckily i recognized it before i emptied the trash and i imported them back into itunes. The problem I have is all the playlists that have those songs that i erased are no longer there.

My ipod is setup to sync with a few playlists. So, what i am wanting to do is to have itunes update itunes playlist info so that it contains all the original songs. I don't want it to delete the songs off my ipod. Is there a way to do this? Basically i don't want to go back and add all the songs to the playlist again and sync it, i'd rather use the information from my ipod to pull the music back into the playlist.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't believe you understood what I said. I already have all the music back onto my itunes. I've heard of the ipodrip and those programs, but they don't solve my problem as far as i know because there isn't any song missing from itunes. I just want the list of songs on my ipod playlist to update my itunes playlist. If I understand correctly, if my ipod is setup to sync with playlists. If the song is removed from the playlist on itunes; the next time i go to sync my ipod those songs will be removed from my ipod.

4. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

After reading about the senuti, it looks like I can just transfer the playlist info, not the individual files right? I've always assumed that those programs were for transfering songs over. Thanks. I've never heard anyone yet ask about transfering playlist information over.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

;)

Option 1: Use Senuti this way and then see if it works. Post back your results. Actually, iPodRip also says it can do this:

Option 2: Transfer both the songs and the playlists back over. Hey, it's better than losing the playlists, and it's not that much extra work, right?

Either way, please post back your results.

6. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I tried ipodrip and it said that it had a problem detecting songs and wanted to do a Hard drive recover. So I let it go for a while and it started getting the music however the songs were named AUXB and all these weird combination of letters. So, I decided after that, i'm just going to work on organizing my itunes and get rid of unnecessary playlists and clean it up. However I have used ipodrip before successfully and it recognized my ipod and all the playlists. So, I don't know what happened with it this time. Oh well. I don't have too much to do anyways. Thank for the suggestions and help.

7. dukebbfan macrumors newbie

how to delete duplicate songs in itunes

because of difficulty syncing iphone, apple had me delete some things and subsequently all my songs from itunes were gone...zap, nada, nowhere; down loaded podworks and transfered from ipod to itunes; magically now, i have duplicate songs...each play; went from 2000 songs to 4000!!! how do I delete the duplicates en masse rather than "show duplicates" and then having to delete one at a time?????