update prebindings slowing my Mac startup!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bmcgrath, Sep 29, 2007.

1. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Well every time I boot into OS X I keep getting update prebindings in the activity monitor, which in return completly slows down my boot times. What would normally take just over 30secs on my 2.0ghz MBP with 2gb of ram, now takes over a minute!
    I have tried doing all the usual, repairing permissions, forcing update prebindings and cannot get rid of it on every boot.
    So any ideas? Please! :confused:

2. Alloye macrumors 6502a

Do you have Application Enhancer installed? It is one known cause of the symptoms you describe.

3. bmcgrath thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I may have had this installed before. I can't remeber. When I do a search for application enhancer in spotlight I get Unix Exec file. Is this the cause of my problem? It is located in the frameworks folder

4. Alloye macrumors 6502a

Here are instructions on how to manually remove Application Enhancer from your system. We had a Mac Pro at work that suffered this problem. Turns out someone installed drivers for a Logitech S530 keyboard/mouse combo, which in turn did a silent install of Application Enhancer. After that, the process that updates prebindings ran during every boot. It was extremely annoying.

5. bmcgrath thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Thank you so so much! That worked a charm! Finally my boot times are back to there normal 30 seconds :D

Cheers!