Update question

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Labhras, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Labhras macrumors regular

Hi all - I wanted to ask about an update on my MBA. I asked around and it seems that other had serious problems after this - mac not working, booting, etc.
    My updates are (other than the usual Safari, iTunes, etc):
    - Security Update 2015-005 1.0
    - MAC EFI Security Update 2015-005 1.0

Are those problem common ones, or a case by case basis? What do you think?

Another question - sometimes, immediately after when the Mac goes to sleep and I move on the trackpad to log in again - the screen appears black with only the cursor visible, then after few second the log-in screen will appear. Could this be caused by not sufficient disk space?

Thanks for the help

2. motrek macrumors 68020

You forgot to tell us what problems you were having.

3. Labhras thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not having problems per-se, besides the weird behaviour of my mac when the screen becomes black.
    I wanted to know if there were recognized problems with the updates I mentioned, before updating and finding myself with a not-working Mac.

4. motrek macrumors 68020

I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having any trouble with an Apple security update or firmware patch.

If it takes your computer a while to display the login screen, try quitting all your software before you put your computer to sleep.

Close the lid for a while (30 seconds) and then open it. If it comes up quickly, then some program that you run is causing it to start slowly. You can use process of elimination to figure out which one.