update regarding 3.0 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by andybno1, Jun 18, 2009.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

just popped on the dev team's blog to see this:

Update 2 (Thursday morning):
    • We have two issues that we’ve been trying to resolve:
    1. There are new 3.0 complications with YouTube.app if you’re on a hacktivated (unofficially activated) device
    2. There’s a bug in Apple’s new version of asr that our custom IPSW’s are tickling and causing crashes on, on some devices. (For the nerdy or curious among us, the details of that bug were tweeted by planetbeing a month ago.)
    • As of Thursday morning we now have a workaround for #2. For #1, we’ll try our best to get it fixed but we may end up releasing a preliminary jailbreak in which YouTube doesn’t work for hacktivated devices, and then follow that up with a more complete jailbreak when we can.
    just thought I'd let people know

2. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

how can i get this 3.0 jailbreak? i dont care if i cant use youtube cuz i can get MxTube

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's what I said too! I wouldn't mind if MxTube didn't work either, I can live without it for a while. But right now I have one device on 2.x, jailbroken, and one on 3.0, and going back and forth between them, I'm pretty convinced jailbroken 3.0 will be the sweetest deal.

4. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

wait, mxtube might not work cuz it runs off youtube mobile. you know what i mean? but if thats the case, its only youtube. i really hope there is a way to jailbreak 3.0 soon. i have jailbroken 2.2.1 right now but i used 3.0 before and i was in heaven with landscape mail. i use my mail app so much lol. the bluetooth was pretty cool too but i didnt really know what i could use it for

5. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

you like everyone else will have to wait till the dev team release the program to jailbreak no amount of asking will get you it

6. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

when will that be?

7. three macrumors 6502a

three

I jailbroke 3.0 on my First Generation iPod touch with redsnow, I didn't even need to restore.