UPDATE/RESOLVED: Brand New MBP's Battery Condition: Check Battery = Not Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SFStateStudent, Jan 21, 2009.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Ok, I finally open my MBP 2.5 and have been charging since 12:00 Noon and it say Battery Installed: YES, Cycle Count = 2 etc.

Am I doing something wrong? I've never experienced this with my MBAir, MB, BlackBook or my older MBP 2.0...:eek: Help!

Attached Files:

2. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Update:

They're sending me a new battery and adapter due to arrive on Friday morning. They took me through the reset PRAM, take out the battery, check the mAh, cycle count, condition, and unplug-disconnect battery and hold the power button for (5) seconds; to no avail. Though they did offer me the opportunity to return the MBP since it was DOA, but I knew that my campus had sold me their last $1199 MBP 2.5GHz 250GB in their campus store. Then they put a HOLD on my CC of $136.00 to ensure that I send everything back to them. Gawd, as if I have a money tree in my backyard...:eek:

UPDATE: Shipping is overnight FEDEX and my order was sent out today @10:24, with an estimated time of arrival NLT 10:30AM.

HOLD on my CC is exactly $201...

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Update

FEDEX delivered battery & MagSafe replacements and damaged items sent back this morning. I'm not sure if I like the fact that I received a smaller 85W MagSafe adapter than came with my new MBP. Does this mean a slower charge?

Attached Files:

4. Hydroxs macrumors regular

I think you answer your question in your post lol. It said that even though it is smaller, they are interchangeable.

5. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

From the description they are electrically the same but the smaller one probably has newer and smaller components. If they are electrically the same then the charge time should also be the same. You may want to look at the adapter and check the output current flow. If this is different then it could change charge time by a little....

Bill....:apple:

6. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i'd be glad to get a smaller adapter. less bulk and weight in my carrying case.

7. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You're right, but I did answer my question in the form of a question; leaving open the opportunity for comments... lol

I should have checked the adapter out before I boxed it up. Gawd, I was too impatient once again...

Definitely smaller, lighter and similar to my MBAir adapter. Less bulk is a plus...

UPDATE TO MY UPDATE: The green light just turned on, so I'm good to go. (see attached for comparison new battery is on the Right SONY)

Attached Files: