Update T-Mobile iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnificent, Jun 13, 2012.

1. johnificent macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 that I'm wanting to upgrade, its on T-Mobile. It has a baseband of 4.10.01 and its on ios 5.0.1, and i want to update it to 5.1.1. It's currently unlocked using the gevey and unlocked with sam to fix imessage, facetime, and push notifications. is there a safe way to update it to ios 5.1.1? Thanks :)

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Wait you're using SAM .. AND gevey? because if SAM worked and you backed up the activation ticket you can just use SAM and ditch the gevey.. this applies for an update too, you can just re-SSH the folder back in.

Else, use redsn0w's extra options to make a custom 5.1.1 firmware that will preserve the baseband so you can use the Gevey SIM!

3. johnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

oh thanks! But how do i get through the activation thing an iphone has when you turn it on after an update, because i dont have an original sim for the carriers that are supported by an iphone :eek:

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

SAM original was designed to fix push.
    Later on the unlock method was discovered using SAM.

The unlock with SAM is no longer available unless he saved the APTicket using SAM earlier.

Use redsn0w to make a custom NO_BB 5.11 IPSW
    Go to EXTRAS/Custom IPSW

restore with the custom IPSW and use Gevey to unlock

5. johnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

I did actually preserve the activation ticket.
    How will I use that when I update? Also when I do update will my push still work?

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

7. johnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

It is the ticket I saved with Sam. So then when I update to 5.1.1 with this, I can just pop in my tmobile sim card and it will work? With my basebad 4.10.01?

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

9. johnificent, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

johnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, so do I plug in my phone to redsn0w, put my saved ticket into my phone, reboot, and plug in my sim? because i did that and my phone would not get service without the gevey :(

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You have your zip-file with your ticket?

upload it through redsn0w

11. johnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I actually just went ahead and updated my ios 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 while preserving my baseband. Afterwards I jailbroke it and it successfully activated. Then, I uploaded my activation ticket through redsn0w. I still had to unlock my phone using gevey though. But, now my phone is unlocked to ios 5.1.1 with baseband 4.10.01! Also, my push notifications, imessage, and facetime still remain working :) Thanks so much for your help and responding to my questions! :D