Update to 10.6.7??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AshMan, Apr 14, 2011.

1. AshMan macrumors regular

I have a late 09 Macbook. Running on 10.6.3 right now with no issues at all on it.

I have not done the update to 10.6.7 even though it is there, what are your thoughts on it?

Should I update or should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

It's always a good idea to keep updates up to date. That's why Apple provides them! ;)

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

John T is correct. MacOS X is not Windows where updates are filled with fear and dread. Since MacOS X 10.6.3 was installed, there have been numerous software updates, bug-fixes, and security updates. The most recent update was released just a day or so ago. I see a lot more problems caused by the refusal to update than problems caused by updates gone awry.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

"I have not done the update to 10.6.7 even though it is there, what are your thoughts on it?
    Should I update or should I leave well enough alone?"

Warning:
    10.6.7 has some kind of "Adobe font bug" that is raising havoc with those who work with pdf files. If you visit macintouch.com there is a lengthly discussion about it, and Apple finally admitted that the bug in fact exists.

Having said that, 10.6.6 is just fine.

My suggestion is that you download the 10.6.6 "combo updater" from Apple and apply that.
    And afterwards, download the new version of Safari (just introduced yesterday) and apply that, too.