Update to 4.2.1, now mobile me won't sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djmodifyd, Nov 22, 2010.

1. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I have updated my iPad to 4.2.1, set up as new iPad, and entered my mobile me info in. Mail, notes, and calendars sync....but bookmarks and contacts will not.

I deleted and re-entered my mobile me info with no luck, same problem.

Maybe due to apple updating mobile me? My iPhone 4 syncs everything perfectly, and all info is on me.com

I'm at a loss, thanks.

2. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I had the same problem. Manually synching from my MBP didnt even work. Finally, after rebooting the iDevices, MoMe synching is finally working again. Hopefully that helps you too.

3. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

Like a hard reset? I tried that with no luck.

Thanks foe the reply

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Thats odd but then again bookmark synching on the ipad has always seemed more cumbersome than it should be, compared to the iphone. I just shut each iDevice down/off and then turned them back on.

I also went to my mac and forced a synch but I think the restart alone fixed it.

Also, have you tried turning your bookmarks off and then back on again in the mail account settings. Worth a shot.

5. big samm macrumors 65816

I heard somewhere that MobileMe was down for maintenance... maybe that's why you couldn't sync... I'm a update my iPad when I get home I will check my MobileMe and report if I have any kind of problem...

6. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

i'll try to force mobile me update see if that does it.

im thinking mobile is down..me.com is being pretty slow and acting kinda weird.

7. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

cleared cache and cookies and me.com is completely now....guess that is the problem

8. calvin2006 macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem but only with Contacts and Bookmarks. I am now trying it with Manual sync in the iPad rather than Push to see what happens, but nothing so far.

9. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Had the same problem on my iPod touch 2G. Went into MobileMe settings and toggled off and on each of the settings, then it seemed to work.

10. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

That's my problem. I can't get it working. I'm thinking the service is down. Especially knowing other people are having the same problem

11. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Try turning Contact and Bookmark syncing off and then back on.

12. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

I have...a couple times :(

13. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

All workin fine now. Official apple forums has the same problems as well