Update to Airport Extreme?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamberti, Feb 27, 2009.

1. adamberti macrumors regular

Ok, I went to buy an Airport Extreme today. I live in Calgary, Canada. I called a bunch of different retailers - no Airport Extremes. Even our faithful Apple Store in Market Mall had none. I've never seen them out of anything! I did find one eventually at a store, but this is strange...

Anybody else having troubles getting an Extreme? Updates soon? I would think there's nothing to update at this point.

2. kaybeee macrumors member

I also noticed that at my local apple store.

But i love my current Airport extreme

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

And 2-4 days on apple store online, whereas time capsule and other products are 24 hours.

Odd--what's to update, other than a price drop? The TC would be easier to explain because of larger storage for the same price . . .

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I dont see how they could update them, they already have N wireless, and thats the technology for the next 5 years, and they wouldn't be thinking about putting a WIMAX transmitter inside because it wouldn't fit in a car. I think they probably just have a quality control issue or production shortage of them, its not uncommon for Apple.

5. kaybeee macrumors member

They can add duel band,

2.4GHz and 5.4GHz in one router.

I would really like that

6. adamberti thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, you were right.

7. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Good call!

I wonder if guest networking is a firmware/software update, or available only on the new ones.