update to apple online store?? iPods??

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store
Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
You can also order from The Apple Store by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE.
Sales and Refunds | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2004 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.

I have been getting this for the past 4 hours when looking for my order status of a powerbook case. Is Apple fixing the backend of the shopping cart system for new iPods?

I can only hope :)

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2004
nope

I can see the Apple store fine, but I still can't view the Apple Order Status... meaning? Is Apple rebuilding their shipping system, or is it offline while they update?

I stated b4 that I was looking at an order status for a powerbook case that I had already ordered on Monday.

It might not have anything to do with new iPods, but maybe it does? We'll find out very soon :)

john1123

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2005
Down Under
isn't it crazy that there are 3 threads on this topic in 3 different categories all of them updated in the last 20 minutes? :rolleyes:

but yeh i can't wait either :D

UPLINK

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2005
Well looks like the hype was for nothing...

The 6gb ipod mini is here, but it doesn't have a colour screen, just coloured buttons on the click wheel to match the colour of the unit and a drop in price for the ipod photo's, also cutting the 40 gb model to a 30gb model.

Nothing Major once again...

Only thing i don't get is....they have stopped the gold version of the ipod mini....pointless, but now that makes that model somewhat of a collectors item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.