Update to come soon with features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jul 31, 2007.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Just read a report that the next update is coming (appleinsider). I wonder how much of the new features thing is true,a nd when is soon?:eek:

2. St. Germain macrumors 6502

The juicy quote with all the features mentioned speculation about upcoming updates....so it probably won't have all of them. It's also an analyst speculating, not an Apple employee.

3. shk718 macrumors 65816

from that article, assuming its accurate, it sounds like there is no iPhone nano:

"After speaking with Joswiak, the analyst also made changes to his predictions for future iPhone models. Although he spoke of "higher resolution" iPhones earlier this month, Abramsky now says he expects Apple to differentiate its iPhone lineup not by features, but by price and memory capacity. The move, he explained, would be similar to how the company grew its iPod lineup, simplifying market positioning."

4. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

I don't think there ever was one. At least not in the near future (and by near I mean within a year of the iPhone release date)

5. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

I cant wait for this first update, i cant believe it took this long, especially with all the problems everyones faced with. I hope there will still be hacking after the first update. And i hope that the first update does not wipe all the mods that i did to my phone off.

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

i'm hoping hacking wont be necessary. i hope apple adds custom ringtones, ichat, and whatever else people want. its silly apple doesnt think users should be allowed to put whatever ringtone they want on their phone.