Update to FCE on the horizon?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Inside_line, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Inside_line macrumors regular

Just got done reading through this old thread and was wondering if anyone thinks an update is due on 3.5. I know FCP 6 is out now, are there major changes that could be incorporated into a new FCE version? Looking to pick up FCE for the first time and wondering if I should wait a bit.

2. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Possible new features are 24p support for the Canon HV20, and possibly direct support for the awesome JVC GZ-HD7. That camera already has indirect support.

edit: MacWorld's Brian Chen didn't have any luck using JVC's recommended methods to get the footage into iMove. However, I doubt he tried MPEG Streamclip.

3. Alican macrumors regular

It should be due for a refresh if only going by the frequency of past updates. I was about to buy it but think I'll wait. Now that FC Studio is out they can concentrate on getting the next version of FCE out

4. elvirav macrumors member

elvirav

Yep, I was searching for a discussion just like this one. I'm wondering whether I should wait or upgrade now. I did a quick bit of research and yes, judging by past updates to FCE, it looks like they're just about due for a new version. I'm dying to know what they'll include this time! :D

5. vandlism macrumors 6502

how about that open format timeline from fcp 6?

6. elvirav macrumors member

elvirav

That would be great. I don't know if it would be giving away too much.

I'd love it if they'd include ProRes 422. Wouldn't that be great! (Probably just wishful thinking . . . )

7. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Maybe they might include a less feature fill version of that like prores express or something?

I really want to get FCE and at $100 for upgrade(or less what ever the educational cost) its a great upgrade for my needs.

8. bloodycape macrumors 65816

So any hints on when a new version my pop up?