Update to ios 6.1

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by oranje22, Sep 22, 2013.

1. oranje22 macrumors newbie

Hi i am using iphone5 with ios 6.0.2 and i would like to update the ios to 6.1 or 6.1.2 but when i tried to restore the version by shift button + the ipsw. Then the itunes told me that the 'error 3194' is occurred. What should i do or maybe i only can update it to ios 7 ??

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. oranje22 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's mean there is no way for me to update to ios 6.1.2?? poor me ##

4. kloczek macrumors newbie

What you mean "stopped signing"?
    As far as I know firmware image does nor have any electronic sign except simple checksum.

All versions of images are still available on Apple download site. Index is for exemole here http://idevicenews.nl/downloads/ios-firmware/

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

False, when you attempt to install a firmware on an iPhone, the install must be verified by Apple. For the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 (and the two new ones), the only firwmare that Apple is still signing (verifying) is iOS 7.

On an iPhone 5, there is no way to install any other version of iOS than iOS 7. So no, OP, you cannot install iOS 6.1.2 on your iPhone 5. Your only option is to stay where you are or update to iOS 7.

6. moargolems macrumors regular

Stop spreading these lies everywhere already.

7. iHacker0390 macrumors member

I never understood why people host the ipsw's when they are mostly worthless