Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
When I updated to the newest version of iOS today, from previously having iOS7.0, I lost all my contacts.

And infact, it turned off all my iCloud preferances as well.

And for some reason its really impossible to restore a backup now. Where is the restore button?

The few times a year this happens I´m completely lost on which place to syncronize with. iCloud, or my Macbook which has the same contacts and data.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
After it rebooted it should have prompted you to authenticate your iCloud account. If it didn't or you just skipped or cancelled, then it would have shut it off.

I've seen this happen to a lot of friends after updating to iOS 7. Flipped everything back on and they were in business.

----------

And for some reason its really impossible to restore a backup now. Where is the restore button?

You select it when you set up the device first turning it on or after a restore. On the device. Once you get to the home screen it's too late. You'd have to erase it and start over to get back to that menu.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
Definitely something dodgy with the 7.0.2 OTA or just iOS 7 OTA. I upgraded and none of my 3rd party apps would open. Apple ones were fine. I rebooted the phone and now all is well.

What's interesting is it didn't prompt me for an APPLEID/icloud ID after the install. I suspect that's what caused my problem and yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.