Update to iOS 7 or wait for JB?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fitted, Sep 26, 2013.

1. fitted macrumors newbie

I'm really stuck on what to do. I have an iPhone 5 on 6.1.4 and I am tempted to update to 7.0 but no one really seems to like it that much. I've never been a fan of the icons and the dock, just from looking at them, but I've heard the battery life is bad and it's slow with all the animations etc. so is it actually worth it, or should I wait and JB for the first time? I have never done it before only having had my iPhone for about 8 months so unsure on that too, or even how long I'd have to wait..

2. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

If the improved features don't appeal to you, then don't upgrade.

If you don't need anything a jailbreak provides, then don't jailbreak.

If you plan on selling your phone anytime soon, don't upgrade (if it's jailbreakable, it might be worth slightly more).

I haven't noticed a significant difference in battery life on my previous 5 that my girlfriend is now using, and my 5S is doing quite well, a little better than my 5 I'd say.

Now, if the UI design doesn't appeal to you, OK. The animations do make the phone seem slower, but it's just a side effect of the animations running. I'd much prefer to be able to disable all the animations and just have things pop up / open etc., but we don't have that option on iOS unlike on Android. That's really my only complaint WRT iOS 7.