Update to iOS 8 While Preserving ability to revert to iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by moral-hazard, Feb 7, 2015.

1. moral-hazard macrumors regular

Howdy!

I'm a little nervous to update my iPhone 5S to iOS 8. I've had bad experiences with updating my device and having it feel terribly slow or having poor battery life, and I want to get another two years out of this phone if possible. Is there any way to preserve the ability to roll back? It would be cool if there was a way to image the entire device but I don't think apple makes that possible.

Thanks!

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

3. dilap macrumors 6502a

My 5s is fine on iOS 8. If you are worried wait it out, unless you desperately want the new features .

4. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

We've got a 4S, 5, 5S and 6+ all on iOS8...All running just fine...Perhaps stop frequenting these boards and be happy for ever :eek::D

5. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Every firmware after 6 has been an unstable mess, so you're just moving from one unstable mess to another.

6. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

Oh behave :rolleyes: Yes naturally it is such an unstable mess that hundreds of millions can't use our phones, class action suits are running wild everywhere and total global recall is being pursuit...Sure it is...

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you do a clean restore via iTunes to current firmware, set up as new and do not restore to backup, your iDevice will be stable.

You can add your content (music, movies, etc) using the tabs in iTunes.