Update to iOS4 wiped my 3G - help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fuzzy14, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Just got round to updating my wife's iPhone 3G to iOS4. The backup portion took overnight then gave an error message to say it was unsuccessful (although it has been successful all previous times before or since.) When the update was complete, the phone was totally blank, photos, e-mails, MMS, music, vids, apps all gone.

Sync'ing through iTunes has restored the music, videos and apps however the text messages, e-mail history and photos are still gone (although I do have all the photos on iPhoto.)

Anybody know how to get these back? The e-mail history is quite significant for her business and the text messages for sentimental reasons. These should be contained in the previous backups but where are they held, how do I access them?

Thanks for any advice.

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

it sounds like you restored as new so maybe you have a backup on your computer you can try restoring to.

3. Fuzzy14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

When I access the phone on iTunes the restore from backup is not available (presumably because it failed.) Does anybody know the name of the backup file so I can restore a previous one from Time Machine?

** EDIT
    Gah, why did I even ask the question. MRoogle it!

Linky McLink the answer to my question.